Our CEO, Dr James Garner recently conducted an interview with FNN which focused on the recent interim data from Kazia’s ongoing phase II trial of paxalisib in glioblastoma.
In his interview, Dr Garner discusses:
- That the paxalisib interim data showed a median overall survival (OS) of 17.7 months – a meaningful extension of life when compared to the 12.7 months associated with the existing treatment, temozolomide
- Kazia’s paxalisib trials in other brain cancers
- Kazia’s development of Cantrixil for ovarian cancer and the positive data results from its phase I study, with three patients showing either a complete response or a partial response so far.
- The minimal impact of COVID-19 on Kazia clinical trial programme as cancer studies tend to be the last studies affected in these types of events.
- Kazia’s recent institutional placement which raised $7.2 million.